Saturday 28 January 2012

Finger Knitting


I had been saving my old jeans for a while so that we could make a purse out of the pockets.  However, I wasn't sure what to use as a strap.  So, at Brownies, it was White Owl's turn to plan that week's meeting and she wanted to show the Brownies how to knit using just their fingers.  So that afternoon I did a You Tube search for finger knitting since I had no idea how to knit {finger nor regular knitting}.  I came across a video on how to do it and also one that uses four fingers to knit.  It was really simple to do so I was happy that finger knitting was a breeze.

 
I thought this would be the ideal 
strap for the Guides to make for
the denim pocket purse.


   

The Brownies had a ball making bracelets.  Some girls came back the following week with wrists full of bracelets and new fancy finger knitted scarves! The Guides had a blast finger knitting the straps for their denim pocket purse.  We also added a little "Gem Magic" bling on the front.  This craft was used as part of the Guides "Fashion" badge.  We LOVE finger knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment