Wednesday 24 July 2013

Girlguiding UK new Promise - Mini books

Source
A new Promise for Girlguiding UK will take effect as of September 1, 2013.

The new Promise reads:

I promise that I will do my best:
To be true to myself and develop my beliefs,
To serve the Queen and my community,
To help other people
and
To keep the (Brownie) Guide Law.


"the words ‘to be true to myself and develop my beliefs’ will replace ‘to love my God’, and the words ‘to serve the Queen and my community’ will replace ‘to serve the Queen and my country’." Source


"Over the past 100 years the Promise has changed a total of 11 times before this consultation. These changes have occurred to reflect the views of our members and the changing attitudes within our society". Source

I created a few mini books for the new UK promise... very similar to the mini books that I had made for Canada and Australia. These Promise books are handy for teaching our Girl Guides about Guiding around the world.
 




























Update: 12 Sept. 2013:  It has been brought to my attention that the new UK Brownie Promise should read "and to keep the Brownie Guide Law".  My original minibook has "and to keep the Brownie Law" so I made the changes to include Guide.  I have the updated file if you would like to request that version. Sorry for any inconvenience!
Updated version with the correction "and to keep the Brownie Guide Law"


Wondering how to fold these mini books? 
I found this on pinterest...original source unknown..sorry!




The new UK Rainbow Promise 
as of September 01, 2013

I promise that 
I will do my best to 
think about my beliefs 
and to be kind and helpful.

{This mini book folds card style}





 The Girlguiding UK website has separate websites for it's youth members...Rainbows, Brownies, Guides, and Senior Section... with games, activities, and other online info so check it out!
 
If you would like to use my minibooks please leave a comment or email {my address is in my profile}and I will happily send you the files.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment