Tuesday, 12 February 2013

Mini Thinking Day Passport

I made this Mini Thinking Day Passport for Commissioner Pat in BC.  Pat saw my mini booklet on Owl & Toadstool and thought it would be something they could use for an upcoming event.  In her email she said 

"I have just come across your site and I love it.  I am working on a passport for our Area camp, and I am thinking that your mini book would work great.  I would like to add another set of pages to it though.  Would you share your template for your mini book so that I can add some more countries to it".

However, the mini book template only has six pages plus front and back cover...and does not allow for any additional pages.  So, I thought I would make one for her..easy peasy! 

Pat directed me to a fantastic site MakingFriends.com that has Girl Scout activities {I have used this site for several years for various projects..it is awesome!}.  One of the activities on Making Friends is a passport for Thinking Day.  I saved the images for the countries that Pat requested and created a Mini Thinking Day Passport. {The mini passport that I made for Pat has a different cover featuring their Area Crest..it turned out really nice and Pat was pleased!}

I found this illustration of how to fold a mini book on Pinterest...sorry I did not save the location! So if this is your handiwork please leave a comment!

14 comments:

  1. And we love it!! Thanks so much for doing it for us Lee Ann.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome! I enjoyed making it for you !

      Delete
  2. What program do you use to create these ?? I am trying to get the Pathfinders to make some for our Guide Unit, but I can't even figure out how to do it !!?? ;-)
    Thanks,
    Karen
    mcgrotyk@yahoo.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Karen, That is a great idea to have the Pathfinders create activities for your Guides. I'll send you an email.

      Delete
  3. this is a great idea can u send more activities tor ur guides to www.unn.edu.ng

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hi Chidimma, Thanks! I will check out your webpage.

      Delete
  4. Hello, can you please send me the booklet for world thinking day. My email address is s.summerby@sky.com

    Thanks, kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. how can I make one of these , I need to made them for 30 girls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Casper...email me and i can send you my file. I can also change the countries for you if you like. My address is in my profile. Usually when making the mini books with my Guides or Brownies, they cut and fold the books themselves.

      Delete
  6. This is so awesome I love it. would it be possible for you to send me the file. we have quite a number of girls this year & this would be perfect. Also could you tell me how to go about changing the countries?
    Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Starr...thanks! I will need you email address or you may email me leeannfraser{at}hotmail{dot}com.

      Delete
    2. email sent. thank you so much

      Delete
  7. Hi, I am working on Thinking Day for 6 countries for our troop of 53 girls. (Our countries are Finland, Chile, Whales, Morocco, Mongolia, and Taiwan) Would it be hard to change it to work for us?

    ReplyDelete