Sunday 23 April 2017

Earthday Campfire Song Book

Hello Owl & Toadstool readers!  Here is an easy to assemble "Earthday" Campfire/Sing-a-long song book.  

I've been meaning to post about this song book for a few years but it seems that April 22nd always creeps up on me...one day late is not too bad I suppose LOL. Hopefully, some of you will still be able to use this song book. I compiled the songs into a book about six years ago from various sources {on-line, from song books, from memory}.


The file is three pages long.  To assemble the book just fold each page in half lengthwise {with the printed side out of course} and then gather all three pages and staple the edge together three times. {I also trimmed the top and bottom of mine}.  Not shown here, but I added a cover page with a free sticker from earthday.ca on it {not sure if it is still available since I could not find it on the earthday.ca page}. Any sort of stickers or clipart such as animals or plants etc would work for the cover.








The "I'm a Nut" song has several verses.


I included just a portion of the 'Unicorn' song
by the Irish Rovers.  Loved this song as a kid!  

The Rainbow Song was another one of my favourite songs when I was a child. It is easy to use with sign language since the colours are easy to sign.  I've used American Sign Language with my Brownies and Guides for this song and they loved it.  There are several instructional YouTube videos on how to do this song in sign language.  There are several types of sign language in the world so it would be best to do a search for sign language in your particular country.

I find this "Rain Song" grabs the attention of the kids and forces them to focus on what they are doing.  It has such a neat effect!


This Campfire/ Sing-a-long has twelve songs and takes under 15 minutes.  It's quick, fun and a great ending to a busy meeting.  I have a group set of the books and have used them for several years. Occasionally, someone will ask to keep one so I usually let them if I know they will use it and not just discard it.


Go to the awesome TuneGuide site for audio files
of a great selection of Guiding Songs!


If you would like to request my pdf files please contact
me via email:  leeannfraser at hotmail dot com

Enjoy your day!
Lee Ann


No comments:

Post a Comment